Despite the enormity of Shinjuku Station, we had no luck in finding a vacant big coin locker in Shinjuku Station. We ended up venturing to Isetan Shinjuku and found a big coin locker to deposit our luggages.
|Locating Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋@ Shinjuku|
|The Lunch Queue @ Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋|
|Interior @ Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋|
There were find 4 different Iwashi set lunches in the menu at a bargain price 800yen, each comes with miso soup, rice and tsukemono (pickled vegetables) and green tea. As Iwashi sashimi was rather experimental to us, we ordered Nizakana and Yanagawa Nabe lunch sets.
|Yanagawabe Nabe Lunch Set @ Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋 (900yen)|
|Nizakana @ Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋 (800yen)|
Needless to say, tanner half and I were utterly satisfied with our detour from the usual suspects.
Total damage for 2 pax = 1,700yen
|Aromax Coffee from the Dispenser Machines (100yen)|
Another thing I loved most in Japan is vending machines. You could see them literally anywhere on the street. You bet I peeked at every one of them. I usually went for 100yen drinks, like this Aromax coffee, which was okay for the price.
|Sushi Zanmai まぐろざんまい @ Tsukiji|
|Ramen for Me @ Sushi Zanmai まぐろざんまい|
|Ramen for Tanner Half @ Sushi Zanmai まぐろざんまい|
|Gyoza @ Sushi Zanmai まぐろざんまい|
Total damage for 2 pax = (Oops I think I missed this!)
|Night Exploration @ Ginza|
|BIC Camera @ Ginza|
|Seiko Tower Building - The Symbol of Ginza|
My personal dining ranking (5 being the full score) based on following criteria are:
- Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋 - 5/5 (it is to be expected from fine dining restaurant)
- Sushi Zanmai まぐろざんまい - 4/5 (quiet and homely)
- Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋 - 5/5 (cheaper than 1,000yen ramen!)
- Sushi Zanmai まぐろざんまい - 5/5
- Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋 - 5/5
- Sushi Zanmai まぐろざんまい - 4/5
- Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋 - If you have not tried sardines in Japan, here is my personal recommendation
- Sushi Zanmai まぐろざんまい - A random find which serves decent food
My personal attractions verdicts for:
- Malls around Shinjuku Station - Definitely not for the faint hearted like myself
- BICQLO - I totally loved the collaboration store - so convenient for shoppers!
- Ginza - Heaven for high end shoppers.
Shinjuku Kappo Nakajima 新宿割烹 中嶋
3-32-5, Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022
Operation Hours: 11.30am - 2pm, 5.30pm - 10pm (all days except Sundays)
Tel: +81 3-3356-7962
Credit Cards: Cash
Sushi Zanmai まぐろざんまい
Tsukiji 4-7-5 (Tsukiji KY Building 1F), Chuo , Tōkyō , 104-0045 , Japan
Operation Hours: 11am - 9pm (all days except Sundays and public holidays)
Tel: +81 3-5148-5414
Credit Cards: Cash (if I remember correctly)