Ads

Jan 10, 2013

Gold Coast Morib Travelogue : A Peep into Gold Coast Morib Resort (Day 1- 11 Aug 2012)

It was a 30-minute journey from Jipun Char Kuey Teow to Gold Coast Morib Resort. By the time we arrived, it was about 2PM. The sun shone so ever brightly that it almost blinded my eyes. Parking space is located behind the resort and it was pretty ample as we managed to get a car park without much circling. From the entrance to the check-in counter, it was like a maze that one can easily get lost here.

IMG_3633
Our rooms!

Guess our organiser, Bernard, had got things covered. He led us straight to the lobby and got us our apartments in jiffy. Each apartment can accommodate 5 pax and it summed up to about RM130 each, inclusive of breakfast.

The Corridor
The corridor leading to our rooms

The resort was considerably new, judging by the paints and grills. Don't get me wrong, there was no smell of paints at all. Plus, the corridor was almost squeaky clean. The flooring, decor and color scheme., I liked them all.

The Dining Table
Helo, our living room :)

The guys got themselves an apartment, while us girls got ourselves another. Unlocking the main door, what greeted us was this warmly lit living room. Simple, yet homely, I want my house like this too! Oh, didn't I tell you that I like full length glass panel too?

The Bedroom in Mirror
My room (with attached bathroom)

The smell of new furniture couldn't be wrong; the bed sheet smelled fresh, albeit I would like a little lemongrass scent. There were three rooms in an apartment; two like mine, another with a single bed but unconditioned. If you asked me, they shouldn't have skimped on another unit of air conditioning for this tiny room. Ask yourself, if you had a group of 5, who will take that room?

The Basin
The white basin with toiletries

The room I shared was the only room with attached bathroom. Do pardon me for I have always wanted a basin like this, white and deep, just like a bowl. Toiletries was provided but I would prefer hotels or resorts to go eco way; instead of providing small bottles of toiletries, I seriously wouldn't mind shampoo, conditioner and soap dispensers.

The Rain Shower
Rain shower, shall we?

The sight of rain shower was delighting. However appearance alone wasn't suffice. The moment you stepped into the rain shower, preparing to let the rain fall on your body, you are so going to WTH so seriously. The shower was barely of any strength. Seriously, dear management of Gold Coast Morib Resort, this was not making it any better. Oh, not forgetting the toilet bowl too. It was not functioning properly after a few flush. Urgh, I wouldn't even want to paint that ugly picture to you.

The Garden
The Garden View from our room

Those aside, our room shared a pretty decent view too. Look at the sea and the old-fashioned Malay booths for one to smoke with a friend or two. Hmm, perhaps it is not so much of an Asian kind of thing but yea, you have got my point.

Exterior of The Venue
The Venue

Located next to be beach, The Venue is one of the restaurants in Gold Coast Morib Resort, where I had my breakfast on Day 2 (I would talk about it later okay?).

Peek-a-Boo!
The Pier Restaurant

As for The Pier Restaurant, I really have no clue but it seemed like a night pub by the sea. Personally, I feel that it would be good to sit by the seaside and enjoy a beer or two and chit chat with friends. Don't you think so?

Lazy Me Time
In the meanwhile, I shall retreat to my bed and chill. See ya soon!

6 comments:

  1. The room looks so nice and classy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, it was nice but then the shower and the flush was urgh...

      Delete
  2. HiTomi,

    A mixed reveiw. Some good and some not so good. No is A/C in some of the rooms??? That would be a deal breaker for me. The lack of good water pressure is not encouraging either.

    I trust that when you rate the hotel and it's room on a site such as Trip Advisor you will post your cautionary remarks.

    One thing could sway opinion. If the resorts staff was exceptional and attentive in how it treated guest, then one can forgive the mechanical shortcomings of the rooms.

    BTW that last photo is quite dramatic!

    Happy and safe travels!

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! You are right. It was indeed a deal breaker if I knew one of the room wasn't air conditioned.

      I always quoted my visit accordingly. If it was bad, I would highlight it.

      Delete
  3. love the environment of the room, looks clean!

    Happy Chinese New Year(^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, it was clean but the other aspects were not quite there.
      Happy Chinese New Year to you too!

      Delete

Share This

Follow by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...