Dec 22, 2011

Cafe Barbera : Table for two

He is the man who knows what to do and how to do it right, and that I never doubt what he is capable of. Those who know him well will unanimously agree that he is a good ambassador, as if he is born to be one.

Looking at his exuberant face and mesmerizing eyes as he recounted details after details on how marvelous the desserts and coffee were, I felt the sudden pang of regret for rejecting the review invitation few weeks back. That is the ambassador side of him; he does not hold back.

However, it was by fate and chance that I was here at Cafe Barbera and this was very much attributable to my lovely boyfriend. Oh maybe you don't know him but he is cool and sweet that way :)


Perhaps you might shrug it off saying "let's share an affogato and chocolate fondant for dessert", don't say I never warn you, you better off training your agility and strength if you plan to do so.

What greeted us warmly was this petite glass of ice cream with a shot of espresso, looking ever dainty over its shoulder. A sniff of the espresso was promising, further testified by the smooth foam floating effortlessly above the dark brown espresso.

 "Quick! Eat it before it melts!" was his first statement.
We fumbled with composition, light, and finally we got our pictures!

Our rejoice on the reunion of Mr Espresso and Ms Gelato was beyond overwhelming as we squealed at the spill of precious espresso. Talking about hands on experience, you will definitely get it here :D

I started off with a gingerly sip of affogato, lest the espresso would be overpowering. However, a subtle note was what welcomed my intrusion. Delighted I was, I started scooping into the precious vanilla gelato that was wobbling in the tiny little glass. Vividly I can still feel the exhilarating sensation of the mixture of cold and hot that I just couldn't get enough with it.

Can I have another one please? *pleading eyes*

It was a long wait for our next most promising dessert ever, chocolate fondant. I was told by my ever lovely boyfriend that Cafe Barbera only prepares their desserts and breads upon order. So now, you might set your expectation a little higher than usual, just like how I did and it did not disappoint.


It might not be decorated at its best, but the effort was apparent. What I love most was the cute gelato, mimicking the shape of an apple. Oh well, I wish it was bigger!

The chocolate fondant was comparatively less attractive but put that aside, please dig in to testify!
I dug into the core ever slowly but was taken by surprise by the gushing molten chocolate. Split by the needs to save the tongue scorching and the melting gelato, my plate was ended up messing but my tummy had no objection against the heavenly made chocolate fondant.

In fact, this chocolate fondant was the best dessert I have ever had in my entire life!
If I had to choose between affogato or chocolate fondant, my answer will definitely be the latter.
So what are you waiting for?

4 comments:

  1. HitOmi,

    Beautiful photos of a wonderful pre-Christmas feast!

    Wishing you and all you love the happiest and most blessed Christmas!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ David :
    Wishing you and your family a merry and blessed Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year 2012
    be lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ lalique :

    Happy new year to you too :D

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Follow by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...