Feb 15, 2011

Dong Zen Temple Lantern & Flora Festival 2011

佛光山 - 东禅寺
It was a rare occasion that brought me here, right here, during Chinese New Year.
It is located at Jenjarom, Banting, Selangor and it will take you approximately 1hour 15min to travel from Kuala Lumpur.

For years I have been hearing about this Lantern and Flora festival, which happens on every Chinese New Year.
But never have I been to it.

Kinda fail huh?
Due to my curiousity, I have decided to pay a visit :)

It was a friday night and the crowds were never ending.
Elders, kids, and parents.
Come to think of it, it would be a great place for families to spend some quality time indeed!

Here are some of the cute lanterns around Dong Zen Temple
If you think it is going to boring, I assure you, you are wrong.
In fact you would not stop admiring at those amazing lights that make the night a totally beautiful scenery that you are so not going to miss it.
But after 10pm, all lights would be off and *poof* darkness swallowed the place.
So guys, make an effort to go earlier!

Apart from lanterns and floras, there were others activities happening around.
Prayers and tributes

Souvenirs selling
Don't you think they are so cute?
Even my mom asked why I did not buy one as decorations lol~
And below are some random pictures during the night of visit
=People=

= Lanterns=

Yours sincerely
Another camwhore picture :)

Bye bye Dong Zhen Temple

11 comments:

  1. Lantern feast! I strongly suggest anyone go there as a tourist attraction. Wanna pay a respect to the Buddha inside, it's up to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ darkon Garon :
    I strongly agree with you. You can go at least once! It is just once a year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amitabha, nice night shots! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ crazywrazy :
    Thanks! So does yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the lanterns n cocks! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ henry Lee :
    Thanks! when can you sell me the earphone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Epic nice! Felt so fantasy-ish! =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute souvenir! And I like your photos, so nais *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ carson heng :
    Lol which part of it so fantasy-ish

    @ lenelene :
    Hee, I think it is super cute too!
    THanks for the compliment :p u can shoot too

    ReplyDelete
  10. After viewing this post, just realise that I miss lots of shooting spot in Dong Zen. >.<

    Went there 45 mins before it closed. So, tak jadi cruise the whole area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Ken :
    Owh, that sounds bad. Next year try to go earlier kay! where are you staying btw?

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Follow by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...